Posting Title: INTERN – ENVIRONMENT AFFAIRS, I (Temporary Job Opening)
Job Code Title: INTERN – ENVIRONMENT AFFAIRS
Department/Office: United Nations Environment Programme
Duty Station: PANAMA CITY
Posting Period: 15 March 2022 – 29 March 2022
Job Opening Number: 22-Environmental Affairs-UNEP-177004-J-Panama City
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background, the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the direct supervision of the of the Resource Efficiency Programme Management Officer, of the Latin America and the Caribbean Office, the intern will be supporting the following projects and initiatives:
– Sustainable Public Procurement
– Consumer Information and Sustainable Lifestyles
– Environmental Education
– Sustainable Tourism
– Circular economy
– Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE)
More specifically, the job will entail the following tasks:
– Support with the follow-up and implementation of the above mentioned workstreams and projects.
– Support with online platforms used by the Resources Efficiency team,
upload all the relevant information in the platform (resources and profiles submitted by the countries, abstracts of all the collected resources, webpages contempt, etc.); maintain the Platform and website ongoing and updated in terms of information and activities (e.g.
newsletters, agendas in the region, organization of periodical webinars and south-south cooperation bilateral exchanges).
– Support the preparation of agendas, presentations, briefings, minutes and communication material.
– Assist with the organization of meetings, workshops, seminars, webinars, and other similar activities, supporting the preparation of agendas, co-drafting background materials, presentation, meetings minutes and reports.
– Review literature and prepare summaries with main findings on resource efficiency, green economy, sustainable consumption and production, consumer information and sustainable lifestyles.
Link for application: